At Uptown Acupuncture in Seattle, we use acupuncture as the primary method of healing when working with pain conditions since it quickly gives you the best results. When working with internal issues we use herbal medicine along with acupuncture to fully address your health issue.
Herbal medicine is customized for you and is an effective method for complementing your acupuncture treatments. As needed, we also incorporate dietary advice, Gua Sha, Cupping and medical massage (Tui Na) into the treatments based on your treatment plan.
We have special experience and interest in the following areas:
- Resolving pain conditions - from migraines to back pain to ankle and foot problems.
- Effective natural treatments for allergies.
- Working with sleep problems like insomnia to get you a good nights sleep.
- Help pinpoint issues leading to digestive problems and solving them.
Acupuncture can effectively treat and prevent a wide array of acute and chronic diseases and health conditions. The World Health Organization (WHO) and the National Institute of Health (NIH) have deemed Acupuncture to be safe and effective for the following conditions.
• Food allergies, diarrhea, constipation, acid reflux, indigestion, ulcers
• Allergies, asthma, sinusitis, bronchitis
• PMS, painful or irregular menses, menopause
• High blood pressure, hypertension, palpitations
• Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, MS
• Eye strain, inflammations, impaired vision
• Neuralgia, stroke residuals, Parkinson’s disease
• Nicotine, alcohol, prescription and other drugs
• Injuries, back pain, neck pain, knee pain, muscle pain, sciatica, weakness, cramping, mobility
• Male and female
Emotional / Psychological
• Stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia, lack of energy, irritability, unhappiness