What to Expect During Your Visit to Our Seattle Office
Discover the Restorative Effects of Acupuncture and Herbs
At Uptown Acupuncture & Herbs in Seattle our goal is to make sure you feel relaxed, comfortable, and are getting the results you desire. We are here to help you to achieve your goals for treatment and wellness.
If you have questions or are unsure if acupuncture is right for you, consider a free consultation. The consultation is either by phone or in person. It allows you to see if we are a good fit, and for us to assess whether acupuncture and herbs are likely to be an effective treatment for you.
We will always:
- Take time to listen to your concerns
- Answer any of your questions
- Provide a clear prognosis so you know what to expect
- Work with you to create an effective and realistic treatment plan
All initial treatments at Uptown Acupuncture & Herbs are about 90 minutes long. This gives enough time to listen to your health concerns, understand your health history, create an effective treatment plan and provide an acupuncture treatment.
Follow up treatments are about 45-60 minutes. During this time we will review improvements and changes from the previous treatment and of course treat with acupuncture and other modalities.
Things to remember when coming for acupuncture:
- Try to wear loose comfortable clothing as these make evaluation, and treatment easier. We always have loose pants and shirts available as well.
- Eat a light meal with in a few hours of your acupuncture session.
- Try not to have coffee or other strong stimulants shortly before your treatment.
- If possible avoid doing a vigorous work-out after an acupuncture treatment.
- Arrive 5 - 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Bring your calendar so that we may set up your follow-up appointment.
What to expect during your treatment:
- Our first priority will be to take plenty of time to listen to you and make sure we completely understand your current health concerns.
- Following our talk we will do some physical assessments, like feeling your pulse.
- After placing the acupuncture needles and using any other therapy called for in your case, we'll typically let you rest for about 30 minutes.
- After your treatment we'll discuss your treatment plan and our recommendations.
First Visit Forms
Before getting started we will need you to fill out a few forms before your appointment. If you are using insurance you can get our Insurance Verification form here. You will receive a link to the intake forms after you schedule your appointment. If you’re not able to fill them out beforehand, please arrive 15 minutes before your initial treatment so that you have time to fill out all the necessary paper work.
We’re located on the west side of Queen Anne Ave. N. between Harrison St. and Republican St. (1/2 block south of SIFF Cinema Uptown) in the Uptown (lower Queen Anne) neighborhood of Seattle. For a map and directions, see the Contact page.
On street metered parking is available in front of the building and on side streets. Free parking can at times be found on 2nd and 3rd Ave. W. The parking lot next the building is reserved.
Metro buses 1, 2, 8, 13, 29, 32, & D have stops within a block or less.
The building is controlled access; to enter, dial “18” on the security phone to your left and we'll "buzz" you in. Upon entering you'll find us in suite 106.
See you soon to help you in feeling your best!