Your First Visit
Discover the Restorative Effects of Chinese Medicine
During your visit to Uptown Acupuncture & Herbs in Seattle our goal is to make sure you are relaxed, comfortable, and getting the results you desire. We believe that the most compassionate thing we can do is to help you to achieve your own goals for treatment and wellness.
If you have questions or are unsure if acupuncture is right for you, consider a free consultation. Either by phone or in person it allows us to learn more about your symptoms to assess whether acupuncture is likely to be an effective treatment for you.
We will always:
- Take time to listen to your concerns
- Answer any of your questions
- Provide a clear prognosis so you know what to expect
- Work with you to create an effective and realistic treatment plan
All initial treatments at Uptown Acupuncture & Herbs are about 90 minutes long. This gives me enough time to listen to your health concerns, understand your health history, create an effective treatment plan and provide an acupuncture treatment.
Follow up treatments are about 45-60 minutes, during this time we will review improvements and changes from the previous treatment and of course treat with acupuncture and other modalities.
Things to remember when coming for acupuncture:
- Try to wear loose comfortable clothing as these make evaluation, and treatment easier. We always have loose pants and shirts available as well.
- Eat a light meal with in a few hours of your acupuncture session.
- Try not to have coffee or other strong stimulants shortly before your treatment
- If possible avoid doing a vigorous work-out after an acupuncture treatment.
- Bring your calendar so that we may set up a follow-up appointment with you along with a method of payment
What to expect during your treatment:
- After discussion we will do some physical assessments, like feeling your pulse.
- We typically let you rest with the needles for about 30 minutes.
- After your treatment we will talk about the treatment plan for the future, as well as dietary and lifestyle advice.
First Visit Forms
Before getting started we will need you to fill out a few forms before your appointment. You will receive a link to them after you schedule your appointment. If you’re not able to fill them out beforehand, please arrive 15 minutes before your initial treatment so that you have time to fill out all the necessary paper work.
Most insurance companies cover acupuncture. We are an out-of-network insurance provider and are happy to provide you with a detailed statement that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Please check with your insurance provider for more information regarding your plan benefits.
We strive to keep our rates and wellness packages affordable and comprehensive. Please call the clinic at 206-420-6615 for the current rates and customized treatment plans. Cash, check, and credit cards are accepted.
We’re located on the west side of Queen Anne Ave. N. between Harrison St. and Republican St. (1/2 block south of SIFF Cinema Uptown) in the Uptown (lower Queen Anne) neighborhood of Seattle. For a map and directions, see the Contact page.
On street metered parking is available in front of the building and on side streets. Free parking can at times be found on 2nd and 3rd Ave. W. The parking lot next the building is reserved.
Metro buses 1, 2, 8, 13, 29, 32, & D have stops within a block or less.
The building is controlled access; to enter, dial the “14” on the security phone to your left. Upon entering you'll find us in suite 104, which we share with Inner Brilliance Chiropractic.
We hope to see you soon to assist you in feeling your best!